Thamarrurr Development Corporation (TDC), is seeking an NDIS Co-ordinator
About The Opportunity
The primary purpose of this position is to provide responsive, individualised services and support for each person and family consistent with their NDIS plan, relevant legislation, company policies and quality safety and security guidelines, including any contractual guidelines.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate services as defined in the participant’s NDIS plan
- Develop person-centred, inclusive support plans for clients and families
- Develop accurate and timely Service Agreements for provision of new or continuing services
- Build knowledge of local services and organisations clients can utilise, including advocacy services
- Provide reports outlining progress towards plan goals and recommendations
Carpenter – Housing & Construction
This position is for a fully qualified carpenter and is based in Wadeye, NT. The primary role of the Carpenter is to provide a safe, reliable, consistent, and high-quality Carpentry service to the Wadeye Community and surrounding areas. The Carpenter will be required to provide on-the-job training and mentoring to Local Indigenous Trades Assistants and Apprentices where applicable. Current works consist of residential concrete tilt panel builds and repairs, maintenance, and upgrades throughout residential and commercial dwellings within the Thamarrurr Region.
2 x CDP Case Managers – Wadeye, NT
Thamarrurr Development Corporation (TDC) located in Wadeye, NT, are seeking several Job Seeker Case Managers to join our dynamic Community Development Programme (CDP) team.
Our main focus and the objective of CDP is to provide local people with sustainable employment. The Case Managers are responsible for developing realistic plans for individuals, assisting people to overcome barriers to employment in a culturally competent manner and entering comprehensive and high-quality data into relevant databases.
If you pride yourself on attention to detail, are well organised and have a genuine empathy and understanding of the barriers and challenges faced, when living and working in remote communities, this position will play to your strengths.
Main duties include:
- Work collaboratively with the relevant Employment & Training teams to provide high quality case work, ensure all relevant information meets compliance requirements and is entered accurately,
- Work with the CDP Compliance team in a Continuous Quality Improvement cycle to ensure case management practice is aligned with the contractual obligations,
- Develop effective and positive relationships with all stakeholders to support achieving CDP outcomes,
- Organise appropriate interventions and strategies to help job seekers find and maintain employment, utilising support services where necessary,
- Achieve KPIs linked to placing job seekers into sustainable employment,
- Maintain and build upon knowledge of job opportunities, support services and indigenous cultural support services and training opportunities.
Cleaning Supervisor, Healthy Homes
Thamarrurr Development Corporation (TDC) located in Wadeye is seeking a Cleaning Supervisor for our Healthy Homes Programme. Wadeye is the Territory’s 6th most populous town and one of Australia’s largest remote indigenous communities. The Healthy Homes Program has been chosen by community leaders as a way of improving the health and wellbeing of families in Wadeye. The program coordinates support for home and personal hygiene, pest control, animal health and housing maintenance.
To be successful, you’ll have
• Demonstrated previous experience in a similar role,
• Sound time management and organisational skills including attention to detail,
• A high level of communication and interpersonal skills, across a wide variety of audiences,
• Sound negotiation and conflict resolution skills
• Ability to lead and mentor a group of local employees
• Resilience, cheerfulness, and a willing “can-do” attitude.
• Ability to display initiative, problem solve and work with limited supervision
Team Leader, Housekeeping
Thamarrurr Development Corporation Ltd (TDC) based at Wadeye (formerly Pt Keats), is seeking an energetic Team Leader, Housekeeping to join our dynamic Accommodation team.
The Wadeye Community, is located in the Western Daly River region, approx. 450kms from Darwin.
About the Opportunity:
This exciting opportunity will see you utilise your knowledge and experience in the Hospitality industry. As an integral part of the TDC Village Accommodation facility team, you’ll provide a high standard of customer service and ensure the rooms, buildings and surrounding areas are maintained to a high order of cleanliness and safety. You’ll also be providing on-the-job coaching and mentoring of our local indigenous housekeepers.