The Thamarrurr Housing and Construction (THC) team is a leader in Civil and General Construction, and housing maintenance in Wadeye. THC is proud to have a ratio of 50% local indigenous skilled workers.
Services provided include:
- Concrete batching plant
- Plant & Equipment hire
- Bulk materials supply
- Tilt panel factory
- New house builds
- General construction
- Civil works
- Commercial and residential maintenance
Recent projects undertaken and completed include:
- 12 x New Houses being accommodation for NT Government Staff
- 1 x New house (Lot 619) as part of the Community Development Program (CDP) accredited training program which saw local Jobseekers complete Certificate II in General Construction/ Repair to Community Housing)
- 1 x Ranger Centre at Palumpa community which was joint funded with CDP Training funds and local Palumpa organization Mutchirr Association – This project allowed 8 Palumpa Jobseekers to complete Certificate II in General Construction
- New commercial complex, the “T – House” for Palngan Wurnangat Association (Women’s organisation) the “T House”. Named in honour of local champion of community women Theodora Narndu provides mainstream “Coffee Shop” type services in addition to retail outlet for clothing new and recycled.
- Relocation of 2 houses & 1 duplex (Ex Police accommodation) to South Wadeye. This project included reinstating Houses (including , re-stumping, plumbing & electrical work )
- THC has period contract with NT Housing to undertake repairs and maintenance to Community Housing Stock of 267 houses
- THC has a contract for Tenancy Management with NT Housing
- In a joint THC / CDP project with the NT Housing, TDC has painted 74 external & 14 internal community houses. The CDP Painting Project has seen great attendance rates by Jobseekers working under the supervision of Tradesman painter and interest shown by CDP Jobseekers was excellent. The project has provided work experience in a real work situation. 5 men from this project have gone onto full time jobs.